Monday 18 April 2011

And we're off! 1/46

Just got back to my hotel after doing my first swim of 46-in-12!

Got the train to Penzance (for work), arrived at 3:15pm, by 4:00pm I was in the sea.

Decided to walk to a beach which took about 20 minutes, I walked along the shore on a raised path (dodging little piles left by scruffy dog owners!) and was waterside all the way. Decided to sit on a rock for a while to gather my thoughts and think about the fact that this was the first of 46 swims, wondered where the next 45 would take me. Decided to aim to swim with friends wherever possible - so if you're a swimmer/paddler/wader and would like some company, give me a shout. I can't afford to make special trips, but if we can combine it with other events then that would be great.

After taking a couple of snaps of the venue - St Michael's Mount to my left and Penzance town to my right - I took the plunge... It wasn't as cold as I'd expected, however I wished I'd put my cap on instead of thinking I'd look a pillock. I swam about 150m in total which isn't bad for a first sea swim of the year.

Dried out on the rocks and returned to my hotel for a warm shower.

I might get another chance for a near but different location tomorrow morning, we'll see.

Cheers, Tony

1 comment:

  1. Are we going to get photos Tony? I think we should!

    ReplyDelete